Is it just me, or is this week crawling by? I’ve woke up everyday this week thinking, “it MUST be Friday by now”. (Spoiler: It’s not. It’s still Thursday.) If I am being real, it’s probably just my excitement to head down to Monterey this weekend for the Pebble Beach Food & Wine. I’ve never been. Always wanted to go. And finally this is my year.
The boyfriend, Sean, and I are heading down to Monterey on Friday afternoon, and staying through the weekend. Sean and I met in Monterey during grad school, so it will be fun to visit the old stomping grounds, eat good food, drink great wine — you get it. And don’t worry, Katie is also joining in on the fun on Saturday.
But back to this week. This week has been a jam packed between work, working out, taxes (I KNOW, I am such a procrastinator), and then the usual day-to-day things that you just have to do because #thisis32. Luckily, I did some food prep over the weekend that made breakfast easy (and delish) all week long.
I am a big breakfast fan, and really do think that it’s the most important meal of the day. I mean, it starts your day off right, and for me, sets the tone for my entire day of balanced eating. It also doesn’t hurt that eggs are perhaps my favorite food. (Yes, I am serious — putting an egg on top of almost anything makes it better in my humble opinion.)
The best part of this recipe? These cups are super simple to make, consist of 3 ingredients (plus some spices), and only take 30 minutes to prep and bake. Now that’s my kind of food prep.
- 12 Slices Turkey Bacon
- 12 Eggs
- 2 Cups Spinach Chopped
- Choice of Seasoning
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a non-stick muffin pan, line each mold with a piece of the turkey bacon.
- Place the pan with the turkey in the oven, and pre-cook the turkey bacon for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and use a paper towel to remove excess grease from each mold.
- Evenly place the chopped spinach into each mold, then crack an egg into each tin.
- Bake in the over for 20 minutes, or until the egg is to cooked to your desired doneness.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!